What a year it’s been. At Leff, we’re celebrating a momentous 2017—we added several new people to our team, moved into a new office, and decided to rebrand. (We’re excited to fully unveil the new brand in 2018—stay tuned!)
As we look back on the big wins of the last 365 days, we’d be remiss if we didn’t pay tribute to our top blog posts. So we’ll close out the year with our top ten best-performing blogs of 2017:
1. “Content marketing: Creating a customer-first strategy.” In this insightful post, Alia shared how B2B companies can take a customer-centric approach to their content marketing strategies.
2. “Our guide to developing an effective B2B content marketing strategy.” Through this interactive, we looked at content landscape, discussed how to make content work for B2B companies, the difference between B2B and B2C, and the essentials: processes, formats, distribution, and measurement.
3. “No-nonsense guide: How to use quotation marks.” Are you in or out? Never again question their placement—periods, commas, or any other punctuation—when confronted with quote marks. Thanks to Brittany, for uncomplicating the matter.
4. “Create your company’s editorial style guide in six steps.” Do all of your editors a favor this year and create your company’s style guide. Brittany recommends keeping these manuals up-to-date and within reach.
5. “Reading the straight and narrow: Column chart best practices.” Being able to convey complex data in clear, visually appealing ways is one of our strong suits. Delilah breaks down best practices for us—and there’s wine!
6. “What I’ve been reading.” One of our resident bookworms, Annie, shared several finds for grammarians, including Kory Stamper’s Word by Word.
7. “In B2B content marketing, make sure form follows function.” We don’t like wasting our clients’ time or money. That’s why we ask the important questions: How does this content support my overall strategy? How is my audience getting their information? Also in this entry, Scott talks tailoring your content and forgetting the one-size-fits-all approach.
8. “Blogging isn’t dead, and other thoughts on B2B marketing strategies to boost audience engagement.” Yes, companies still benefit from having a blog in 2018 and beyond. And the channel remains a valuable tool to establish a relationship with your audience. Readers, don’t you agree?
9. “How to spot BS (and how to avoid handing out any yourself).” Fallacies are everywhere. Become your own detector of what makes grass grow, says Heather and possibly avoid being exploited.
10. “Definitions of common writing and editing terms.” Annie decodes industry speak. Psst! The editorial process that she describes is ideal for rookies, experienced, and all in between. Secret’s out.
We’ll return to blogging in 2018. Until then, Happy New Year!